About the job:
The Production Support Technician will be responsible for ensuring complete uptime of all tech across the site. Working closely alongside maintenance, IT and other departments you will gain transferable experience and skills relating to the role.
You will be responsible for fixing, maintaining and improving production equipment on site to make sure everything is operating as it should during our 24/7 function. You will be working with production equipment such as Honeywell printers, a variety of switches and scanners in both a physical and configuration aspect.
You will be responsible for completing reactive and preventative works across the site on our production related equipment, as well as reporting defects to contractors, assisting contractors and keeping up to date on defect tickets raised on our CMMS system.
Please note that this role will involve shift work across both days and nights.
What you'll be doing:
- Complete planned preventative maintenance (PPM) on equipment
- Record completed PPMs within the maintenance manual and CMMS system
- Identify any defects that arise whilst completing the PPMs and undertake rectifications
- Ensure cabling, power and configuration is correctly implemented onto IP orientated device
- Liaise with IT/IS team to help get devices onto the specific network using desired VLANS
- Keep all documentation up to date including recording of actions taken within the maintenance manual and CMMS system
- Implement rapid reactions to breakdowns across the site
- Supervise contractors ensuring works are completed in accordance with specification
- Comply with all Health and Safety requirements of the site at all times
- Support with operational projects on an ad-hoc basis
- Be responsible for equipment including conveying systems with label applicators scanners, thermoforming equipment, in-line printers and other electrical equipment
- Provide regular feedback to Production Support Lead on defects, outstanding issues and PPM on a regular basis
- Ensure the team is regularly checking and replacing any pick to light buttons for production.
- Maintain the Assembly lines and Kitting lines infrastructure, predominantly from an IT and software perspective.
Who you are:
- Previous experience working within a maintenance or IT team in the manufacturing sector.
- An ability to work alone and methodically to fault find
- Reactive mindset
- Ability to learn quickly and think independently.
- Previous experience using a CMMS system
- Knowledge of PLCs, conveyors, sensors, pneumatics, and belts
- Completed an apprenticeship or equivalent in electrical/IT discipline.
- An understanding of networking and switching.
What you’ll get in return:
- 70% discount on HelloFresh subscription
- Heavily discounted weekly on site market
- 33 days holiday
- Gym membership or Private health insurance
- Access to our employee assistance programme
- Access to our many employee perks including; weekly breakfast, celebrations and on and off.
- site social activities.
- Access to our on site facilities including table tennis and pool table and free hot drinks
- High level of responsibility from day one
- Working with a fun, energetic and supportive team
- Opportunity to gain maintenance related qualifications