At HelloFresh we love food, and our mission is to change the way people eat forever. That change comes conveniently packaged in a box - a HelloFresh Box, filled with the best fresh ingredients. With our meal boxes with easy to cook recipes and fresh ingredients, we are driving change in the quickly evolving food industry.
We are seeking a Recipe Developer (& Co-Editor) to join the HelloFresh Culinary team. The Recipe Developer will be responsible for developing delicious new recipes and innovating on existing recipes that drive excitement across our customer base for all our brands. This role is required to develop across all diet and meal preference types while maintaining specific cost and nutritional targets. You will be expected to deliver on end-to-end culinary recipe development from ideation through initial editorial steps. The role is cross-functional and developers will work closely with Operations and Brand teams to develop the best possible product.
What you’ll do
- Develop 4-6 new recipes on a weekly basis maintaining product fit, cost, and nutritional targets
- Bring innovative and trend setting ideas into new recipe development.
- Bench top test all new recipes and evaluate through a Culinary Team panel tastings to critique and produce the best product using data driven insights
- Utilize development tools and resources to input and track recipes through the development process
- Write required instructions for each recipe using standardized guidelines, focusing on ease of execution for the customer
- Use consumer data insight as the foundation for all development
- Participate in weekly collaboration with Culinary, Menu, Product and Editorial teams
- Hold detailed knowledge of the HelloFresh customer, our brand, trends and competitor styles.
- Spend time creating recipe cards, briefing photography and writing relevant recipe stories, loading content for the website and app
- Interact with our Business Process Outsourcing team, HelloConnect, to check their work and guide them in supporting the Japan Culinary team
What you’ll bring
- Obsessed with food
- 1-2 year experience with Recipe Product Development
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent certificate in a food related field e.g. Chef’s training
- Collaborative and able to work cross functionally with various teams to gather key inputs, and able to work well with diverse opinions and competing priorities
- Flexible and excited to work in a fast-paced environment with constant change
- Driven by results and firm believer in accountability. A task oriented self-starter who proactively takes on big ideas and projects
- High attention to detail and able to ensure timely execution of weekly tasks
- Are a great communicator and team player who thrives in an international team
- Language Skills: Native level Japanese, Business level English
What we offer
- The chance to have a serious impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
- Direct, high impact on our product and operations setup from day one
- A vibrant, international environment with mission-driven colleagues
- A guaranteed steep learning curve & boost for your career
- Competitive compensation and plenty of room for personal growth
HelloFresh is on a mission to change the way people eat, forever!
Since our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub, Berlin, we’ve become the world's leading meal kit provider, delivering to over 4.2 million households worldwide in 14 countries across 3 continents.
Our Operations teams are located throughout the markets we are active in. We are a diverse group with a common focus, getting the best products to our customers, with the widest choice and the most flexibility. We are industry leaders in Production, Supply Chain, Procurement, Food Safety, Automation, and Data Analytics. HelloFresh is expanding rapidly and we are always scouting for top professionals to be part of this exciting growth in both our existing markets and brand portfolio, but also in new geographies and new brands. Join us and play a vital role in getting the best ingredients to our customers!
Our more than 7,000 employees from over 70+ nationalities are the heart and soul of our diverse, fast-paced and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out About HelloFresh.
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
We are HelloFresh
At HelloFresh we embrace and welcome diversity and we currently employ over 7,000 individuals globally who contribute to this. We employ individuals based on their ability to perform a job rather than on the basis of their: race, national origin, color, caste, social origin or position, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, political opinion, marital status or any other characteristic. We encourage everyone to apply and will give everyone equal consideration. We are an equal opportunity employer – everyone is welcome at our table.