The job of a Data Product Manager is to provide the data that the company needs, for whatever purpose, be it automating decisions about orders in our warehouses, building personalized products for our customers or running targeted marketing campaigns. We are beginning our journey to transform our internal Data Products and looking for Data Product Managers to be a core part of that journey. Data products will become a key focus of our company and we are looking for Data Product Managers to envision, design, and establish this as a core part of our business.
What you’ll do
There are 3 key skills pillars for this role.
- Core Product Skills
- Shape and own the product vision and roadmap for a mission-driven, cross-functional, agile team of data scientists, data engineers and BI analysts
- Identify and assess opportunities to unlock business value through improvements to the data we collect
- Build the product backlog and prioritise it based on business value. We expect backlogs for data teams include (data science) research questions, data analyses, visualization, model building to infrastructure and data engineering tasks, alongside user stories for infrastructure and engineering work
- Understand how data moves through the system, is transformed, stored, visualized, and finally enriched through machine learning algorithms. Plus points for being able to code and query databases
- Collaborate on how the value of data can be unlocked, how it is and can be used how user insights are used. User research should be conducted (with UX team where appropriate) to ensure that users can act on the insights generated
- Business Process
- Identify and communicate the business relevance of any form of data from any business unit, as well as have the analytical skills to figure out where the most reliable sources of truth lie
- Understand who maintains and owns certain data as well as how Data Governance is managed
- Be able to collaborate on access rules to ensure the team and consumers of the product can get access to required data
What you’ll bring
- You have a strong analytical mind-set and are at your best working with KPIs
- You speak the language of engineers and are comfortable engaging in high-level technical discussions
- You’re able to explain technical topics to a non-technical audience and business topics to a technical audience
- You have developed complex internal tools before
- You feel comfortable being the point of contact for senior and international stakeholders
- You bring a strong experience with agile methodologies like Scrum & Kanban
- You have outstanding communication skills in English, both oral and written
- You have a data-driven mindset
What we offer
- Comprehensive relocation assistance to move to Berlin plus visa application support
- Healthy discount on weekly HelloFresh boxes
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources plus access to the HelloFresh Academy
- A diverse and vibrant international environment of 70+ different nationalities
- Additional perks include: Free crash course in German, compensation for advanced external German classes, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
HelloFresh is on a mission to change the way people eat, forever!
Since our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub, Berlin, we’ve become the world's leading meal kit provider, delivering to over 4.2 million households worldwide in 14 countries across 3 continents.
Our Engineering, Data, Product and Security teams are located in Berlin and New York and are critical to what we do. From procurement tools to conversion rate optimization, live pricing tools, payment services and add-on upselling features, we work on a wide variety of challenging problems. The result is a high output where we constantly build and release features and engines that make our business thrive, allowing us to deliver real financial impact.
Our more than 7,000 employees from over 70+ nationalities are the heart and soul of our diverse, fast-paced and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out our tech blog.
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
After submitting an application our team will review this and get back to you within 5 business days.
For insight into our interview process take a look at our recent post here.
We are HelloFresh
At HelloFresh we embrace and welcome diversity and we currently employ over 7,000 individuals globally who contribute to this. We employ individuals based on their ability to perform a job rather than on the basis of their: race, national origin, color, caste, social origin or position, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, political opinion, marital status or any other characteristic. We encourage everyone to apply and will give everyone equal consideration. We are an equal opportunity employer – everyone is welcome at our table.