At HelloFresh, our mission is to change the way people eat - forever. From our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub Berlin, we’ve become the global market leader in the meal kit sector and inspire millions of energised home cooks across the globe every week.
We offer our meal kit boxes full of exciting recipes and thoughtfully sourced, fresh ingredients in more than 13 countries, operating from offices in Berlin, New York City, Sydney, Toronto, London, Amsterdam and Copenhagen and shipped out more than 250 Million meals in 2019.
Our more than 5,000 employees are the heart and soul of our highly international, fast-paced, and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
We want you to join us and help take HelloFresh to the next level - as a company in its growth phase this is a great time to join. Career and development opportunities are endless.
We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
Our Engineering, Data, Product and Security teams are located in Berlin and New York and are critical to what we do. From procurement tools, to conversion rate optimization, live pricing tools, payment services and add-on upselling features, we work on challenging problems and have a high output of building and releasing features and engines that make our business thrive and deliver real financial impact.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out our tech blog.
About the job
At HelloFresh, Data Science is an interdisciplinary team that designs, implements, and maintains state of the art machine learning models to automate and optimize marketing, operations, logistics and customer experience. With our rapid company expansion, we are currently looking for a Senior Data Scientist that is excited about turning innovative ideas into powerful data driven products. As a member of the team, you will help bringing these ideas into reality and improve the experience of millions of customers around the globe.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need a hunger for discovering information in massive amounts of data, an attitude towards experimentation, fluency in machine learning techniques and software engineering best practices.
- Deriving and maintaining a technical vision for end-to-end data science and machine learning pipelines
- Turning prototypes into production ready implementation
- Playing a key role in ensuring the ongoing alignment and standards of our technology vision for the data science team
- Leading by example by translating business problems into quantitative terms and productionized models to presenting the results in clear and effective manner through visualization and prototyping
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to discover innovative ways of leveraging vast repositories of user generated data
- Measuring performance over time, tuning, and inspecting models
- Sharing data solutions and intel through Open Source and promoting a data driven culture within a large international organization
Who we are looking for
- A strong understanding of the state of the art in machine learning methods and in-depth Data Science techniques for practical application
- Advanced engineering abilities to deliver flexible and scalable end-to-end machine learning solutions
- Significant experience in the tech industry
- Excellent educational background; a plus if holding an advanced degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or similar quantitative field
- Great coding skills in Python and knowledge of data libraries such as sklearn, NLTK, and pandas. Knowledge of Deep Learning frameworks like Tensorflow or Keras is a plus
- Previous experience with AWS
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to listen and show empathy
- A self-organized individual, with excellent focus and prioritization of workload using business data and metrics
- A role model who enjoys mentoring team members
What we offer
- Relocation assistance to move to Berlin and visa application support
- Competitive compensation
- Significant reduction on our meal kits
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources
- Sabbatical policy
- Work in our office located in the heart of Berlin
- A diverse and vibrant international environment
- A range of perks (Free in-house crash course in German, compensation for advanced German classes, in-house lecture series and knowledge sharing programme, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, free weekly yoga classes, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines)
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
Are you up for a challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.