You will be joining the Platform Tribe at HelloTech. Platform forms a stable and fresh environment for our talented teams of developers to thrive. As well as building a great foundation, Platform is also responsible for spreading their knowledge throughout the other tribes, they make sure everyone is taking advantage of the easy to use infrastructure, and applying the best practices when it comes to Reliability, Observability, Monitoring, Containerisation, Performance, Security etc.
What you’ll do
- Build infrastructure automation on scale
- Own the solution-wide alerting strategy in the tech organisation
- Optimise the incident management systems, policies and procedures
- Ensure the engineering organisation has self-service observability tools, and advocate for observability best practices
- Drive positive change in MTTD, MTTR and MTBF metrics
- Guide and educate the engineering organisation about operations and reliability
- Remove toil in infrastructure through automation
- Pair with both your squad members and engineers in the greater organisation to spread SRE knowledge and best practices
- Undertake measured, methodical troubleshooting of complicated systems
What you’ll bring
- You have knowledge of scalable production architectures (config management, monitoring, infrastructure-as-a-code, load balancing, CDNs, distributed systems)
- You have experience with Cloud Infrastructure (eg. AWS, Azure), Kubernetes and most of the following technologies: Helm, Docker, Terraform, Graylog, Prometheus, Jaeger, Kafka, Concourse CI
- Good understanding of the SLIs, SLOs, and SLAs concepts
- Software and System Engineers with a passion for system reliability and observability, you will build reliability as a feature into our core infrastructure and applications
- Experience using Data to diagnose and troubleshoot complex distributed systems
- Experience as a software developer [Python or Go]
- You work anywhere in the stack, from right beside the OS and up
- Solid Linux background
- Familiarity with operations: metrics/statistics, incident management, post mortems etc.
- You know what to monitor and alert when things go awry
- You LOVE to automate things
- You are passionate about mentoring and sharing knowledge
It would be beneficial if you also have the following:
- Experience in negotiating SLO/SLI with product owners
- Experience building highly available and observable systems at scale
What we offer
- Comprehensive relocation assistance to move to Berlin plus visa application support
- Healthy discount on weekly HelloFresh boxes
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources plus access to the HelloFresh Academy
- A diverse and vibrant international environment of 70+ different nationalities
- Additional perks include: Free crash course in German, compensation for advanced external German classes, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
HelloFresh is on a mission to change the way people eat, forever!
Since our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub, Berlin, we’ve become the world's leading meal kit provider, delivering to over 4.2 million households worldwide in 14 countries across 3 continents.
Our Engineering, Data, Product and Security teams are located in Berlin and New York and are critical to what we do. From procurement tools to conversion rate optimization, live pricing tools, payment services and add-on upselling features, we work on a wide variety of challenging problems. The result is a high output where we constantly build and release features and engines that make our business thrive, allowing us to deliver real financial impact.
Our more than 7,000 employees from over 70+ nationalities are the heart and soul of our diverse, fast-paced and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out our tech blog.
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
After submitting an application our team will review this and get back to you within 5 business days.
For insight into our interview process take a look at our recent post here.
We are HelloFresh
At HelloFresh we embrace and welcome diversity and we currently employ over 7,000 individuals globally who contribute to this. We employ individuals based on their ability to perform a job rather than on the basis of their: race, national origin, color, caste, social origin or position, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, political opinion, marital status or any other characteristic. We encourage everyone to apply and will give everyone equal consideration. We are an equal opportunity employer – everyone is welcome at our table.