Come see what’s cookin’ at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world and we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services and we’re growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, and international, and our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
We're hiring a User Experience Designer to be part of a rapidly growing team! In this role you will collaborate with product designers, UX researchers, product managers and engineers to design meaningful, efficient user flows and an omni-channel experience throughout all platforms. You will own our reactivation journey to re-engage customers with HelloFresh and assume responsibility for end to end UX and UI. You will work on exciting projects including refining what the right experience should look like for distinct audiences. If you thrive in a fast paced environment where you have the opportunity to work multiple projects a week then this is the place for you!
You will ...
- Working closely with UX researchers, product owners, engineers, designers, UX writers including giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- Scoping problems into projects and prioritizing them. Facilitating meetings, workshops, and design reviews.
- Lo-Fi: work on user flows, diagrams, user journeys, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Hi-Fi: implementing strong visual design skills to build user interfaces (i.e. typography, colors, grid, layout).
- Designing for multiple platforms (i.e. responsive web, iOS, Android).
- Following the guidelines in our Design System in a thoughtful way and with an eye for improving it.
- A deep understanding of both qualitative and quantitative user data (i.e. A/B testing, surveys, analytics tools, usability test)
- Intellectual curiosity
- A passion for learning and self-improvement
- A deep empathy for users and people around you
- The ability to remain flexible in an ever-changing, fast-moving, startup environment
- A positive, "up-for-it" attitude
- Strong communication skills including knowing when to escalate problems
- The ability to embrace a problem while detaching from your solution or personal taste
- Self-organization. You're comfortable working both autonomously and within a group
- Strategic thinking. You think about products with a big-picture mindset
- A well-timed gif contribution in the UX Slack group ;)
- Tool proficiency with Sketch, Zeplin, Adobe CC, Prototype tools (anything), and any new ones.
- Experience in illustration, icon design, micro-interactions (animations).
- Huge plus: the occasional baking and sharing of treats!
At a minimum, you have...
- Bachelors degree in a design-related field or equivalent (3 years) experience
- Masters degree in a design-related field or equivalent (2 years) experience
- 3-6 years’ of professional User Experience Design experience
- Relevant experience in designing complex systems and shipping consumer facing tech products
- Relevant experience in interactive user interface design
- Proven experience in owning the end to end UI and UX design of web applications
- Strong knowledge of User Experience design processes and methodology
- PLUS if you have experience in research methodology as well as native app design
*** NOTE*** Please include a link to your portfolio / samples of your work with your application
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans effective first day of employment
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.