At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 7 years we've seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the expanding online recipe kit delivery market.
So, how did we do it? Our weekly recipe boxes full of exciting recipes and lovingly sourced, fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged, energised home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest growing meal kit businesses and are active and growing in 10+ different countries across 3 continents. Our growth trajectory and expansion has been phenomenal and we have launched facilities across Canada and have recently added Chef’s Plate to our team!
If you would like to join an energetic and highly motivated team and work in a dynamic, high-energy, high-growth field where you can really have an impact and make a difference every single day then join us and become part of developing a global fresh food champion.
As the Manager of Food Safety and Quality Assurance at our AB location, you will lead the practice of maintaining the highest level of food safety and quality in our products and help define the direction of the industry. This role is located in Edmonton with occasional travel required to other distribution centres across the country.
About the job
- Manage a high performing FSQA team and provide support to FSQA teams across the network as necessary
- Continually strive to meet and improve HelloFresh’s protocol for achieving the highest level of quality and food safety
- Accountable for all FSQA quality metrics and activities
- Be at the forefront of monitoring all quality data for trends, themes, and opportunities for improvement; develop and implement pragmatic solutions
- Identify FSQA risks and establish proactive methodologies for mitigation
- Perform root cause analyses surrounding non-compliances and process deviations to determine what corrective action should be taken
- Create, deploy, maintain all written quality and food safety programs, including site PCPs
- Ensure compliance to all FSQA protocols, including internal, regulatory and 3rd party standards across distribution centres and suppliers
- Prepare HelloFresh for third-party audits and regulatory inspections and act as point of contact for CFIA and local regulatory inspectors
- Work closely with the Procurement and Culinary teams to maintain database of product specifications
- Lead and support local, national and global strategic FSQA initiatives, driving continuous improvement initiatives at all levels, including upstream with approved suppliers
- Collaborate with the Procurement team to assess, validate and approve ingredient suppliers
- Conduct supplier audits and work with Procurement and supplier base to implemented sustainable solutions and corrective actions
- Review, investigate and provide responses to FS complaints
- Train and provide all employees with necessary tools and direction
Who we’re looking for
- Post-secondary education in Biological or Food Sciences
- Proven experience (3-5 years) in a similar role within Food Manufacturing/Assembly/Distribution
- Strong knowledge of federal and local government regulations with strong familiarity of the SFCA/R highly regarded
- In depth knowledge of food safety systems and HACCP principles and experience implementing and maintaining HACCP plans
- Background in food microbiology is a major asset
- Internal and external audit experience (CFIA, BRC, SQF)
- Proven project management experience including demonstrated change management competency
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Energetic, enthusiastic, committed with a can-do flexible attitude
- Embrace change, challenge and working in an autonomous way
- Strong passion for food is a must!
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary and company benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh boxes
- High level of responsibility from day one
- The opportunity to rapidly advance your career
- Working with a fun, ambitious and supportive team
If this sounds like you, please click the "Apply Now" button. If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, but you'd like to know more about joining the HelloFresh team, please visit our Jobs page to view our other vacancies. We'd love to hear from you!